Armchair Architect Contest Checklist & ENTRY FORM
1. All entries must be original and not previously published. By entering you automatically grant that your name, likeness and/or entry may be displayed or published by Golf Digest, Sand Valley Golf Resort or their assignees in any context without compensation to you. If your entry is selected, you further grant that it may be incorporated into an actual golf course design without any compensation or design fee to you. Golf Digest reserves the right to substitute an award should delays prevent the winning golf hole from being constructed within a reasonable time.
2. All entries must be received no later than July 15, 2016 at 5 p.m. EDT. Physical entries may be mailed to Golf Digest Armchair Architect 2016, P.O. Box 14310, Lenexa, Kansas 66285. Electronic entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Only one entry per person is allowed. The entry must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form. Please make sure your name, address and telephone number also appears on the reverse side of your entry.
4. You may submit your entry on the topographic map provided or in any other format you choose. You may include a cover letter, additional comments or further explanation of your proposed design. This supporting documentation of your design cannot exceed five pages.
5. Employees and household family members of Golf Digest, Sand Valley Golf Resort and the golf-course developers involved in this contest are ineligible to participate. This contest is open to amateur designers. A professional designer, defined as one who is the architect-of-record of an existing golf course or one presently under construction, is not eligible to participate in this contest.
6. The course architect involved reserves the right to make prudent changes to the winning design as deemed necessary in order to construct or maintain the hole in a cost-effective manner and integrate it into the remainder of the golf course.
7. You must be 13 years old or older by May 17, 2016 to win. This contest is void in Quebec, outside the 50 United States, other Canadian provinces and Washington D.C., and where prohibited by law.
8. Sand Valley Golf Resort is an active construction site. For safety reasons, anyone attempting to physically examine the proposed site of the 2016 Armchair Architect golf hole will be disqualified from entering the contest and may be prosecuted for trespassing on private property.
9. No purchase is necessary to enter the 2016 Golf Digest Armchair Architect contest.
* Required field
IMPORTANT: After submitting the completed form above, email your design entry (file formats include: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PDF) to email@example.com (please include "Golf Digest's 2016 Armchair Architect Entry" and your name in the subject line).
By submitting this form with your entry, you are certifying that you have read and understood the 2016 Golf Digest Armchair Architect Contest Rules and under those rules are eligible to participate in the contest.
Send physical entries to:
Golf Digest Armchair Architect 2016
P.O. Box 14310, Lenexa, Kansas 66285